Just had a funny thought. Surely we all remember the famous scene in Star Wars:
General Motti: “Don’t try to frighten us with your sorcerer’s ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion…”
Imagine if Vader had tried to prove the existence of the Force through the typical arguments that apologists use for God?
- Vader: “How do you know the Force doesn’t exist?! You have to know absolutely everything to know that!”
- Vader: “Where did everything come from? There must have been a first cause, which can only be the Force!”
- Vader: “My dear moff, how could there be any objective morality without the Force?”
- Vader: “People two millennia ago wrote about Jedi and Sith using the Force! But I can’t show you it today…”
- Vader: “What reason would you have for living, if there were no Force?! I’d kill myself without the Force!”